Emory Women of Excellence Awards
Presented by the Center for Women at Emory and the Emory Alumni Association
The Emory Women of Excellence Awards celebrates women who have demonstrated extraordinary dedication to issues that affect women at Emory or in the larger community. Nominations are open to everyone in the Emory community including undergraduates, graduates, faculty, and staff.
March 17th, 2016
6:30 pm- 8:30 pm
Congratulations to the 2016 Emory Women of Excellence Award Winners!
- Program of the Year Award: for colored girls who have considered suicide / when the rainbow is enuf. Director-Troizel Carr, Cast, and Crew.
- Award for Public and/or Digital Scholarship: Dr. Carol Anderson
- Mentorship Award: Dr. Kathryn Yount
- Award for Excellence in Teaching and Pedagogy: Amy Elkins
- Award for Distiguished Leadership: Lynell Cadray
- Unsung Heroines: Dr. Dabney Evans
- Outstanding Alumna of the Year Award (Selected by the Emory Alumni Association) Dr. Barbara Bruner.
Outstanding Alumna of the Year Award
Graduating Women of Excellence
The Center for Women and Emory Alumni Association will be honoring graduating women who have demonstrated excellence in their academic career in the 2016 Graduating Women of Excellence Ceremony.
Nominated students will be invited to receive a Center for Women pin in recognition of their achievements and successes as women graduates of Emory.
5:30 pm - 6:30 pm Miller-Ward Alumni House